Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 Approval notice returned to USCIS

Hi,

I recently received my H1B extension and received the approval notice via my employer. My dependent's H4 approval notice was due to be delivered to our mailing address and did not receive the same. Now when i am looking for the status on the USCIS portal, it says below,

"On February 10, 2016, the Post Office returned a notice we sent you for your Form I-539, Application to Extend or Change Nonimmigrant Status, Receipt Number EACxxxxxxxxxx, because they could not deliver it. This could have a serious effect on your case. Please go to www.uscis.gov/e-request to request a copy of the notice immediately. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address."

My wife was at home all the time an she is pretty much sure that no one tried to deliver any mails, there was not even a note left by USPS people for the same. I have opened a e-request as suggested on their website and below is the update for our service request.

"On January 20, 2016, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) created and mailed an approval notice to the address on file at that time. The United States Postal Service returned your approval notice on February 10, 2016. Due to security reasons, USCIS destroyed your approval notice.
    What you can do:

Please make sure that you can receive mail at the address provided in this service request."

Can someone please help me understand what situation i am in right now? The USCIS response email does not give any clarity on what is the next action or will they try to send the approval notice again.

Should i follow any other process to get the approval notice? I have a India trip coming up and not sure what to do. Any help is highly appreciated.

Can someone please suggest something on this?

Comment

Hey,

I am in a similar situation and raised an e-request and have not heard anything from USCIS yet.
      How did you resolve your problem?

Comment

Originally posted by mohanar82 View Post
        Hi,

I recently received my H1B extension and received the approval notice via my employer. My dependent's H4 approval notice was due to be delivered to our mailing address and did not receive the same. Now when i am looking for the status on the USCIS portal, it says below,

"On February 10, 2016, the Post Office returned a notice we sent you for your Form I-539, Application to Extend or Change Nonimmigrant Status, Receipt Number EACxxxxxxxxxx, because they could not deliver it. This could have a serious effect on your case. Please go to www.uscis.gov/e-request to request a copy of the notice immediately. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address."

My wife was at home all the time an she is pretty much sure that no one tried to deliver any mails, there was not even a note left by USPS people for the same. I have opened a e-request as suggested on their website and below is the update for our service request.

"On January 20, 2016, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) created and mailed an approval notice to the address on file at that time. The United States Postal Service returned your approval notice on February 10, 2016. Due to security reasons, USCIS destroyed your approval notice.
        What you can do:

Please make sure that you can receive mail at the address provided in this service request."

Can someone please help me understand what situation i am in right now? The USCIS response email does not give any clarity on what is the next action or will they try to send the approval notice again.

Should i follow any other process to get the approval notice? I have a India trip coming up and not sure what to do. Any help is highly appreciated.
        Hi Friends,

i'm in similar situation can someone share your experience? Please

i've planned vacation in October last week.

Please help me

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X