H4 visa approved but administrative processing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 visa approved but administrative processing

Hi, attended my h4 visa interview in chennai consulate on 22-feb-2016. This is actually for renewal. After few questions VO took my passport and petition copy and told me ur visa is approved. But I have not received my passport yet. Ustraveldocs says passport is still with embassy. ceac says case is under administrative processing. I have not received any slips or further communication from the embassy. Anyway to contact embassy to know why is the delay? I have booked tickets already by 11-march.. Please pour in some suggestions. Thank you.

Originally posted by Arasee View Post
    Hi, attended my h4 visa interview in chennai consulate on 22-feb-2016. This is actually for renewal. After few questions VO took my passport and petition copy and told me ur visa is approved. But I have not received my passport yet. Ustraveldocs says passport is still with embassy. ceac says case is under administrative processing. I have not received any slips or further communication from the embassy. Anyway to contact embassy to know why is the delay? I have booked tickets already by 11-march.. Please pour in some suggestions. Thank you.
    You have to wait till the AP is over. If you post the Q&A that you had with the officer, it might give some clue as to why the AP was initiated.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
      You have to wait till the AP is over. If you post the Q&A that you had with the officer, it might give some clue as to why the AP was initiated.

This is my opinion not legal advice.
      Questions asked :

1.who is ur husband's employer
      2. How long are you married ?
      3. Have you been to US before? (I said yes) .. So this is for h4 renewal (again yes)
      4. What is ur educational qualification ( Msc)
      5. Can u have the copy of ur petition? ( he took photocopy of my petition and my passports ) and said ur visa is approved.. Thank you.

My husband has recently changed location and we filed amendment for the same . It was not approved but still in process during the interview and the amendment approved on 25-feb-2016. Interview date was 22-feb-2016.
      Could this be the reason for the ap?

Comment

Originally posted by Arasee View Post
        Could you please tell if you got your stamped passport back?

Am also in same boat. My wife's H4 is in admin processing even after VO said her visa is approved and took only her passport. My amendment is in processing after change of client(location not changed).

Comment

Did you get your stamped passport back ? Am also in the same boat. My H4 in chennai got approved and VO took his passport. But status says admin processing. My amendment is in progress due to client change(location same).

Please help

Comment

Could you please tell if you got your stamped passport back?

Am also in same boat. My wife's H4 is in admin processing. VO said her visa is approved and took her passport. My amendment is in processing after change of client(location not changed).

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X