Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Relatives H1

Hi All,

I will be appearing for the H1 interview soon.My parents just left to US a week back on the tourist visa. In the DS160 form while filling the question is your father and mother in US I selected yes and selected category as 'non immigrant'. Also my sibling is in US and he is also in the H1B visa.

How will this impact my visa interview ? Please advice on if there will be questions regarding this and if anything specific is to be told.
    Last edited by Gallopqlik; 02-29-2016, 01:48 PM. Reason: Words added

Originally posted by Gallopqlik View Post
    Hi All,

I will be appearing for the H1 interview soon.My parents just left to US a week back on the tourist visa. In the DS160 form while filling the question is your father and mother in US I selected yes and selected category as 'non immigrant'. Also my sibling is in US and he is also in the H1B visa.

How will this impact my visa interview ? Please advice on if there will be questions regarding this and if anything specific is to be told.
    I dont think this alone would severely limit your chances of getting the H1.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
      I dont think this alone would severely limit your chances of getting the H1.

Thanks. The H1 documents are all good. I am just thinking if the parents in US and sibling in US will impact the result of interview.

Comment

Originally posted by Gallopqlik View Post
        Thanks. The H1 documents are all good. I am just thinking if the parents in US and sibling in US will impact the result of interview.
        I doubt that would have a negative impact. Be honest about it and things would be fine.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X