Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B port of interview questions for H1b transffer

Hi,

I got H1b visa in this year with Company A located in NJ, and Company B now applied for H1b transfer located in CA, and it got approved. In Apr i'm planning to travel to join Company B. So in port of interview I should show I797 of Company B but in passport visa stamp it mentioned as Company A. Will this be a problem? If they ask this question what to answer?

Thanks!

Originally posted by thavva View Post
    Hi,

I got H1b visa in this year with Company A located in NJ, and Company B now applied for H1b transfer located in CA, and it got approved. In Apr i'm planning to travel to join Company B. So in port of interview I should show I797 of Company B but in passport visa stamp it mentioned as Company A. Will this be a problem? If they ask this question what to answer?

Thanks!
    Visas are not "owned" by the company even though they may have the company name on it. If asked you can say you shifted employer and then show the new I797. The biggest drawback of not getting visa changed is that at POE the office might grant you I-94 only till visa expiry, even if the new I797 has date beyond the visa expiry.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
      Visas are not "owned" by the company even though they may have the company name on it. If asked you can say you shifted employer and then show the new I797. The biggest drawback of not getting visa changed is that at POE the office might grant you I-94 only till visa expiry, even if the new I797 has date beyond the visa expiry.

This is my opinion not legal advice.
      Thanks raghvi.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X