Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help Needed...Please provide some advice..!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help Needed...Please provide some advice..!!

Team

Can someone help me on the situation I am facing. I am currently working for employer D on H1B. I received offers from employer W and employer C. Employer C and W has already collected documents for filing the H1B transfer. If one of the employer, say C, comes back with a receipt number and I resign from employer D, will it anyways affect the processing that's going under employer W? Will the petition they file or about to file, will be denied affecting the approval that I am waiting from employer C?

I am very new to the immigration concepts and your help is greatly appreciated?

Thanks

Originally posted by captkirk View Post
    Team

Can someone help me on the situation I am facing. I am currently working for employer D on H1B. I received offers from employer W and employer C. Employer C and W has already collected documents for filing the H1B transfer. If one of the employer, say C, comes back with a receipt number and I resign from employer D, will it anyways affect the processing that's going under employer W? Will the petition they file or about to file, will be denied affecting the approval that I am waiting from employer C?

I am very new to the immigration concepts and your help is greatly appreciated?

Thanks
    I would not recommend joining C merely on the receipt number, if you do so, W's petition would be treated as bridge petition or might get approved only as consular process. What that would mean is that you would not be able to move to W without first getting C's petition approved, OR you will have to leave US, go for fresh stamping (if H1 expired) and return by showing W's petition.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Help Needed...Please provide some advice..!!

Thank you very much, greatly appreciate your help. My H1B is valid until end of 2017.

A related question is that, Once C's petition is approved and I resign from D serving my notice, how long does it take for D to cancel my petition with them. If they do so, will it affect my W's petition which may be still in approval stages or any other employer who is willing to file a new one on my behalf?

Thanks

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X