Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kindly provide advice

hello all,

I got my H1B successfully stamped in Sept 2015 from India through a small Indian consultancy. I am working in a reputed firm from past 11 years, where notice period is two months. The new employer told me to resign my company, in Dec sometime so that I will be free by Jan .. I resigned and thought I will be attending interviews from January 2016 and will fly in Feb. But irony is, I have not got any interview calls till now, my new employer says he is marketing my resume but the job market in US is dull this time and it may take some more time. I am already idle from last 1.5 months and I am freaking out now, as I left my good job in India.

I would like to know, is this the real situation now? Is job market dull now and therefore less oppurtunities ? Should I wait for some more time ( like 1 or 2 months) to get a job in US? Or should I leave the US dream and start searching job in India itself? I greatly appreciate your kind advices.

thanks

Originally posted by venkat78 View Post
    hello all,

I got my H1B successfully stamped in Sept 2015 from India through a small Indian consultancy. I am working in a reputed firm from past 11 years, where notice period is two months. The new employer told me to resign my company, in Dec sometime so that I will be free by Jan .. I resigned and thought I will be attending interviews from January 2016 and will fly in Feb. But irony is, I have not got any interview calls till now, my new employer says he is marketing my resume but the job market in US is dull this time and it may take some more time. I am already idle from last 1.5 months and I am freaking out now, as I left my good job in India.

I would like to know, is this the real situation now? Is job market dull now and therefore less oppurtunities ? Should I wait for some more time ( like 1 or 2 months) to get a job in US? Or should I leave the US dream and start searching job in India itself? I greatly appreciate your kind advices.

thanks
    I dont think it was a wise idea to have left a stable job and trusted the consultancy blindly. Also, on what basis did the employer secure a petition as well as successful visa stamping when they did not even have work for you? The US job market is certainly not dull considering the fact that over 100K H1 applications are filed every year since last 3 years. But then there are many other factors like technology, experience etc. To look on the bright side, at least the consultancy is not asking you to come to US without a job, otherwise there are many who would ask you to reach US, and then would not pay you and keep you on bench, which can be even more dis **** *us. I would strongly suggest you utilize the fact that you have an approved h1 petition and visa in your favor and market yourself in domestic India market. Depending upon your skill sets many Indian companies will gladly pick you up and possibly even initiate a transfer of H1 petition.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X