Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There is no status update of the passport in UStraveldocs website

Dear All,
    I attended H1B interview along with my dependents (H4) on 12-Feb-2016 at Chennai consulate. Unfortunately I got 221g BLUE slip for additional administrative processing. ! VO never marked for additional documents and at the end I was given 2-3 weeks time frame for AP . VO retained 3 of our passports (myself , wife and kid). But till now consular website status is showing as"Administrative processing" without any status update.

For my case :
    Case creation date : 11-Feb-2016
    Status update date : 12- Feb-2016

But for my wife and kid there is some update in the status update date.

Status update date : 23- Feb-2016

While tracking the ustravel docs with the passport number , i got the message " passport is with the consulate " until 26-Feb-2016.
    Later the strange update is coming **** " There is no status update available for the passport number submitted " !

Anyone else in the same situation ? The wait time is really frustrating ! I am just checking the status updates daily hoping that there will be some movement.
    Any idea why the passport status is show as no update ? Is it any kind of positive sign ?? I would appreciate if anyone has similar scenario can share their experience !!

Thanks!

There is no status update available for the passport number submitted

Hi Shanki

we are also in same boat, can you please share what happened after status change, when did you received the passports? what was the outcome.

help me from your experience.

regards
    krishna

Originally posted by shanki_31 View Post
    Dear All,
    I attended H1B interview along with my dependents (H4) on 12-Feb-2016 at Chennai consulate. Unfortunately I got 221g BLUE slip for additional administrative processing. ! VO never marked for additional documents and at the end I was given 2-3 weeks time frame for AP . VO retained 3 of our passports (myself , wife and kid). But till now consular website status is showing as"Administrative processing" without any status update.

For my case :

While tracking the ustravel docs with the passport number , i got the message " passport is with the consulate " until 26-Feb-2016.
    Later the strange update is coming **** " There is no status update available for the passport number submitted " !

Anyone else in the same situation ? The wait time is really frustrating ! I am just checking the status updates daily hoping that there will be some movement.
    Any idea why the passport status is show as no update ? Is it any kind of positive sign ?? I would appreciate if anyone has similar scenario can share their experience !!

Thanks!

Comment

h4 husband blue SLIP AP approved @chennai

Hi All

We are attended for h1b to my wife and my self H4 along with 6 years kid.

I got Blue slip with AP VO retained my passport,

My kid and my wife visa issued with out any issues on same day by handing over US rights booklet.

Interview date :OCT 27th 2016
      Issue date 10 Jan 2017

Passport collected on 16th Jan 2017

It took lot of time and its mental harassment.

So guys don't be panic and waiting is the key for any decision.

regards
      krishna

Originally posted by medasanikk View Post
      Hi Shanki

we are also in same boat, can you please share what happened after status change, when did you received the passports? what was the outcome.

regards
      krishna

Comment

Passport collected on 16th Jan 2017

It took lot of time and its mental harassment.

So guys don't be panic and waiting is the key for any decision.
        Congrats on the visa. While the wait could be draining, you have to remember the US must conduct due diligence and checks and verifications. Some of these take time. A US visa is a privilege, not an automatic right.
        Like you stated, waiting is key.

Comment

Originally posted by shanki_31 View Post
          Dear All,

For my case :

Thanks!

Hello,

I have read your post in this form. I am in the same situation. I attended my H1 Interview and the VO orally said that my VISA is approved. He neither gave me a 221g or informed me about any documentation needed. It has been 20 days and I am still waiting for my passport from the consulate.

The status in CEAC is "admni processing" from the day of interview and the status update DATE changed to today but the status is still "admin processing". The status in VISA appointment website has been showing "your passport is still with US consulate" and changed to "document delivery information" with no information underneath.

Please help me know understand the situation.

Thanks
          Ritesh

Comment

Hi Shanki

regards
            krishna
            Hi Krishna/Shanki,

Can you please let me know what happened after the staus "There is no status update available for the passport number submitted". Ima on same boat now and my Visa status is in "AP"

Comment

Hi Shanki,

I am in the same boat as well.
              My case:
              VAC for fingerprints: dec 4th, 2017
              Consulate interview: dec 5th , 2017
              Background: Chemical Engineering
              First time visa stamping from f1 opt-> H1B, VO asked basic questions about type of jobs and what status I was working on after graduation(which was F1-OPT) and said we will continue processing your visa but need basic information and sent to other counter where I got 221g. Reason: my background is Chemical Engineering.

Until Dec 21st or so USA travel docs was showing "my passport is with Embassy" and after that it changed to " no status available for passport number submitted". CEAC website shows the same status all the time, I wonder if they bother to update it!! It shows case created: Dec4th, Case updated: Dec 5th. and says administrative processing.

It has been 28 days approx, very frustrating!! Followed all rules and regulations, took job in the field of my major, got into lottery in second time, then put me in stressful RFE. I wonder why cant they finish background checks when USCIS processes applications. I understand I am going to someone else's country to work but this is insane, harassing for no reason.

I hope you hear back something good soon,
              Good Luck,

Comment

frustrated123

@frustrated123,

I am sailing in the same boat. Frustrated123 could you please let me know whether you have got the VISA please. Dunno what to do it is frustrating.

Comment

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to share my experience for getting H1B stamping done (Delhi consulate) recently, as it might be helpful for others on the same boat.

Initially based on the questions, I was told that I am "eligible for dropbox".
                  However, in about a week of submitting all the relevant documents at the VAC, I was given my passport back with a 221g WHITE slip asking me to appear for an in-person interview.

Outlining the further timelines below until my visa was finally ISSUED!

Apr 18th: Interview (I had a traffic conviction in the US, so I was also "interrogated" on that besides the other usual questions about my company, salary, address, etc). Although the VO seemed satisfied, he asked me to provide additional documents to prove my conviction is cleared by the court and support my case that doesn't prevent me from traveling to the US. It was my fault that I wasn't carrying the relevant paperwork at that time, so he sent me back with my Passport and a YELLOW slip asking me to submit them at the VAC as soon as possible.

Apr 18th: Submitted the documents at the VAC on the same day

Apr 19th - Apr 21nd: Application received
                  Apr 22nd - May 5th: "Administrative processing" on the CEAC website and "our Passport is still with US Embassy/Consulate" on the ustraveldocs.com

May 6th: The "last update date" field changed to "There is no status update available for passport number submitted"

May 9th: The wait was finally over, CEAC status changed to ISSUED. Received mail and a text message at 3PM to collect the passport.

Best of luck to all of you who are going through a similar ordeal. It normally takes anywhere between 3-6 weeks in such cases based on what I have heard, so please have patience. Let me know if anyone has more questions.

Regards,

Comment

Hi Lokesh.sgc,

It seems I am in a similar situation to what you described about your case.

Can you plz send me a message at [email protected]

So that I could discuss further with you.

Regards,

Comment

Hi abudulla,

I received an 221g it’s been 2 weeks Such can you provide an update on your case did your visa approved ?

Thanks

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                      X