Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B transfer, RFE on pending amendment

Hello,

I work for a desi consulting company. I was with with client A, at California. The i797 and i94 from that project are valid until July 2016. That project got scrapped within 2 months and I had to move to client B, at NewJersey( No gap, finished project at A on Friday and joined B on Monday). My company applied for H1B amendment in August 2015 for client B and we recently upgraded it to premium and received a lengthy scary RFE last week. I am really stressed and my question is, can i switch over to another company at this point of time? If this amendment petition gets denied them am I in trouble? What are my options to be on safe side? Switch over to different employer or move to a new client and file a new amendment. Please advise.

Anyone?

Anyone?

Comment

H1B transfer, RFE on pending amendment

My H1B amendment petition is currently denied. I am looking for options. Please let me know if you find anything. I would really appreciate that.

Comment

Originally posted by kunalshah1310 View Post
        My H1B amendment petition is currently denied. I am looking for options. Please let me know if you find anything. I would really appreciate that.
        What was your RFE about?Client related or your consultancy related? What is the reason of denial.
        Also, did you get any opinion from any lawyer? I discussed it with one lawyer and as per him, we should first respond to the RFE. He didn't clearly answer if I can change just after RFE response or should wait until approval. I saw one post on immihelp that USCIS nowadays is putting transfers on hold if there is amendment in progress for a candidate. So, I hope that's still the case but still not very clear.

Comment

Response

Originally posted by sabooo View Post
          Hello,

I work for a desi consulting company. I was with with client A, at California. The i797 and i94 from that project are valid until July 2016. That project got scrapped within 2 months and I had to move to client B, at NewJersey( No gap, finished project at A on Friday and joined B on Monday). My company applied for H1B amendment in August 2015 for client B and we recently upgraded it to premium and received a lengthy scary RFE last week. I am really stressed and my question is, can i switch over to another company at this point of time? If this amendment petition gets denied them am I in trouble? What are my options to be on safe side? Switch over to different employer or move to a new client and file a new amendment. Please advise.
          Can anyone please provide some guidance on this?

Comment

I am in this same situation now. May I know what have you done?

Comment

May I know what have you done in your case?

Originally posted by kunalshah1310 View Post

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X