Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Torn out visa page with validity in passport - Need urgent help

Hi All,

I have a serious problem. I came to India for a vocation and got my visa (H1B) through drop box few weeks ago. Now that the most recent visa in the passport page is torn out completely. However there is no loss of visa data. I am 6 months pregnant now and I have my family in the us. I am planning to apply for damaged passport through Tatkal. The question is

1. Am I eligible for Tatkal application since the passport is damaged - if not what are the other ways to get the passport soon since I can't travel after my 7th month
    2. Since the entire page is torn out the visa is damaged too. From the forums I have read, I will have to apply for a completely new visa at this point and the visa is not transferable. Do I still qualify for drop box when I apply for new visa with my new passport or do I have to go through finger print and visa interview all? Are there any chances that my visa would be rejected ?

I am helpless at this point
    Any inputs to fasten this process would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Originally posted by Renuarjunan View Post
    Hi All,

I have a serious problem. I came to India for a vocation and got my visa (H1B) through drop box few weeks ago. Now that the most recent visa in the passport page is torn out completely. However there is no loss of visa data. I am 6 months pregnant now and I have my family in the us. I am planning to apply for damaged passport through Tatkal. The question is

1. Am I eligible for Tatkal application since the passport is damaged - if not what are the other ways to get the passport soon since I can't travel after my 7th month
    2. Since the entire page is torn out the visa is damaged too. From the forums I have read, I will have to apply for a completely new visa at this point and the visa is not transferable. Do I still qualify for drop box when I apply for new visa with my new passport or do I have to go through finger print and visa interview all? Are there any chances that my visa would be rejected ?

I am helpless at this point
    Any inputs to fasten this process would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!
    1. Maybe, check with local passport authorities.
    2. Yes, you would need to get yourself a new visa after getting a new passport. You may be eligible for the Dropbox facility , contact [email protected].

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X