Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1-B bridging case?

Hi everyone,

I have questions about my situation here. I was working for company A with H1-B that expires Sept. 2018. Company B filed my H1-B transfer last week and I joined company B based on filing. Right now, Company C is willing to file another H1 for me via PP and probable will file my case later this week or next week.

Questions:

1. I don't have USCIS receipt number yet, can Company C file the transfer based on my current valid H1-B?

2. When can I start to work for Company C?

Thanks you,

Originally posted by kevindog View Post
    Hi everyone,

I have questions about my situation here. I was working for company A with H1-B that expires Sept. 2018. Company B filed my H1-B transfer last week and I joined company B based on filing. Right now, Company C is willing to file another H1 for me via PP and probable will file my case later this week or next week.

Questions:

1. I don't have USCIS receipt number yet, can Company C file the transfer based on my current valid H1-B?

2. When can I start to work for Company C?

Thanks you,
    1. Yes.
    2. When it is approved with a new I-94 Or when you leave US and re enter using C's approve petition.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
      1. Yes.
      2. When it is approved with a new I-94 Or when you leave US and re enter using C's approve petition.

Thanks for your answer.

For 2, you mean when B's petition gets approved then I can join C, right?

Comment

Originally posted by kevindog View Post
        Thanks for your answer.

For 2, you mean when B's petition gets approved then I can join C, right?
        Ideally, both B and C's petition should be approved before you can join C. If you are in a hurry to join C, and do not mind going out of US and re entering then ask C to file in premium as consular processing. And once approved, leave US, and re enter using C's petition. Also advisable to withdraw B's petition if at all you leave US. If you do not wish to leave US, ask B to upgrade to premium and subsequently C o also file in premium.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X