Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1b amendment or H1b transfer

Hi

I have h1b approved petition. But During stamping process, the US officer has taken my i797 approval Original, returned my Passport saying that we will require some more days to inform the outcome of my VISA status. There is no reply for around 3 months.

I came to know from employer that the position which he hired me is ON HOLD, which means Client is not looking to hire for that position.

So, what can be done in my case. Can he file amendment.?
    If so,
    1) Will I get new i797 Letter.?
    2) Do we need to pay interview fee again?
    3) Do I need to attend interview again in same location. ( I was onsite in different country, now I came back to India).
    4) Is it possible to transfer my Visa to different employer.? (How much it generally costs).

What would be easiest/ simple / risk free step that I can take.!

Kindly advice. Thanks in Advance.

Regards
    Krishna

Originally posted by krishna010214 View Post
    Hi

I have h1b approved petition. But During stamping process, the US officer has taken my i797 approval Original, returned my Passport saying that we will require some more days to inform the outcome of my VISA status. There is no reply for around 3 months.

I came to know from employer that the position which he hired me is ON HOLD, which means Client is not looking to hire for that position.

So, what can be done in my case. Can he file amendment.?
    If so,
    1) Will I get new i797 Letter.?
    2) Do we need to pay interview fee again?
    3) Do I need to attend interview again in same location. ( I was onsite in different country, now I came back to India).
    4) Is it possible to transfer my Visa to different employer.? (How much it generally costs).

What would be easiest/ simple / risk free step that I can take.!

Kindly advice. Thanks in Advance.

Regards
    Krishna
    1. Yes.
    2. Yes.
    3. You would attend typically at the country where you working currently.
    4. Yes. the employer has to bear the cost. It can range from 2-10K USD depending upon the employer and the legal team.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Thank you.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X