Help needed Converting From F1 to H1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help needed Converting From F1 to H1

HI friends, I have a very twisted case, please can some one advice me?

i am pursuing my masters degree in USA, and graduating in march 2006. but because i was out of usa from june 05- nov 05 and i missed tqo quarters at the university am not eligeble for OPT. as OPT rule states that you have to be in status( ie registered as full time student) for atleast 3 quarters in a row to be eligeble for OPT, and in my case am not.

However i have an employer who is willing to sponsor my H1 visa, but the problem here is if he applies in april (that is when new quota opens up) he cant get me work authorization till Oct 2006, where as after graduation i have 60 days to find a job.

so here is the dilemma, though i have found a job, but technically it cant be started before october, and i may get out of status after may 2006.

so the question is if i have applied for H1 am i considerd to be in status? or will i be in status only after i recieve the H1?

If any of you guys have any clue about the same or can refer me to some one who can help, it would be great.

Thanks a lot,

Vijay

Well..If I were you I would start a new program at the same school and probly wait out until oct oct and start working after ..withdrawn from school after ...I put that in a rather crude way. Hope this helps.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X