Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1b by mistake

Hi,
    I was on J1 visa for 2 years (subject to 2 year home issue) then returned home for 2 years, the I came back for 4 months (subject to 2 year home issue) then I returned home for 6 months then I came back on new J1 paid by one US universities (not subject for 2 year issue), finally my boss decided to make H1b for me, we submitted all documents to the international office of the university, the lady thought that I am not subject to the 2 year issue anymore since I stayed home for 2 years , the she submitted the case to the USCIS and the H1b got approved. then I went to a lawyer to apply for green card , he told me that I was granted this H1b by mistake and I am still subject to the 2 year issue and asked me to take the opinion of the waiver review division in that, I deid and they send me a letter saying I am still subject to the 2 year issue since I accepted fund again for 4 months.
    Now, I do not know which visa I am on now J1 or H1b. and I do not want to go to the international office who may say that I am illegal and I need to go home and apply for J1 again.
    what is the solution now?
    thans

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X