Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1b Transfer query

Dear All,

I moved to US in Feb 2016 on H1b visa. While coming my Ind. company give me letter saying you are temporary transferred to US for 3 years, your payroll will me moved to US etc. In letter there was one clause which noted that if you resigned you have to come back to India to server your notice period. I want know few things

1. If I resigned Do I really need to go to India to server notice period ?
    2. When can I switch my job in US on H1b ? Is there stipulated gap required ?
    3. Do I need to inform my current company ?

Thanks

Originally posted by shankyboy View Post
    Dear All,

I moved to US in Feb 2016 on H1b visa. While coming my Ind. company give me letter saying you are temporary transferred to US for 3 years, your payroll will me moved to US etc. In letter there was one clause which noted that if you resigned you have to come back to India to server your notice period. I want know few things

1. If I resigned Do I really need to go to India to server notice period ?
    2. When can I switch my job in US on H1b ? Is there stipulated gap required ?
    3. Do I need to inform my current company ?

Thanks
    1. If that's what was mentioned , you would be expected to do so. If you don't the company may hold your final settlement as well as experience letters.
    2. After few pay period is safe.
    3. Again depends upon the nature of employment terms. I personally believe it's always good to leave on a positive note rather than just vanishing.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
      1. If that's what was mentioned , you would be expected to do so. If you don't the company may hold your final settlement as well as experience letters.
      2. After few pay period is safe.
      3. Again depends upon the nature of employment terms. I personally believe it's always good to leave on a positive note rather than just vanishing.

Thanks Raghvi for inputs.

Policy docs mentioned - In case of payroll transfer, resignation are governed by companies US policies . so was wondering about these conflicting statements.

I am asking while transferring h1b, do I need to inform my current company beforehand ?

Comment

Originally posted by shankyboy View Post
        Thanks Raghvi for inputs.

Policy docs mentioned - In case of payroll transfer, resignation are governed by companies US policies . so was wondering about these conflicting statements.

I am asking while transferring h1b, do I need to inform my current company beforehand ?
        I cant comment on internal policy documents of the company. As for transfer, I was mentioning that there may be some notice period , even if governed by the US policies. For initiating the transfer you need not inform the employer, but you may eventually inform them as and when the transfer is approved and you resign.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X