Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

H1B(Applying) information different from an earlier B1 Visa(Granted) information

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B(Applying) information different from an earlier B1 Visa(Granted) information

Hey,

I applied for a B1 while still in college and was granted the visa in 2012. In the DS-160 I filled in my current status as 'Student' and then college details. I traveled to USA on that visa for 3 months in 2012.

This year I'm applying for a H1B. Due to some personal reasons I didn't finish my education in that college and instead got a degree from IGNOU(http://www.ignou.ac.in/) in 2014( 2011-2014).

Now my question is, if I fill DS-160 this time with my IGNOU degree will that be an issue with the application. I see two potential problems here, one regarding the overlap of one year between the two degrees(2011) and the second, conflicting education information btw B1 and H1B applications. I also have been employed since 2012 till now.

Please advise, my future employer doesn't think it's a problem, but I'm really very nervous about this.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Originally posted by baron19 View Post
    Hey,

I applied for a B1 while still in college and was granted the visa in 2012. In the DS-160 I filled in my current status as 'Student' and then college details. I traveled to USA on that visa for 3 months in 2012.

This year I'm applying for a H1B. Due to some personal reasons I didn't finish my education in that college and instead got a degree from IGNOU(http://www.ignou.ac.in/) in 2014( 2011-2014).

Now my question is, if I fill DS-160 this time with my IGNOU degree will that be an issue with the application. I see two potential problems here, one regarding the overlap of one year between the two degrees(2011) and the second, conflicting education information btw B1 and H1B applications. I also have been employed since 2012 till now.

Please advise, my future employer doesn't think it's a problem, but I'm really very nervous about this.

Thanks in advance for your help!
    It should be fine. Mention what is correct currently.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X