Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it valid working on I-797B without I-94 attached?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it valid working on I-797B without I-94 attached?

Asking for a friend..

I got visa from employer A and traveled to US with the same Visa from company A and petition issued was I-797B.

After i entered, i had to quit employer A for different reasons within a week (without pay stubs) and applied job with another Employer B where i got new I797B without I-94 information attached and i have been working with new employer from last 3 months. My I-94 is valid till Sep 2017.

I just realized that, it requires Visa stamping and re-entry into US if the new petition issued is I-797B without I-94 information on it. Should i leave the country to get Visa stamped or it is legal to stay on I-797B with old Visa from Employer A? My current employer B doesn't see any issues with my current situation.

Originally posted by aksvp View Post
    Asking for a friend..

I got visa from employer A and traveled to US with the same Visa from company A and petition issued was I-797B.

After i entered, i had to quit employer A for different reasons within a week (without pay stubs) and applied job with another Employer B where i got new I797B without I-94 information attached and i have been working with new employer from last 3 months. My I-94 is valid till Sep 2017.

I just realized that, it requires Visa stamping and re-entry into US if the new petition issued is I-797B without I-94 information on it. Should i leave the country to get Visa stamped or it is legal to stay on I-797B with old Visa from Employer A? My current employer B doesn't see any issues with my current situation.

You need valid I-94 for B's petition, leaving US and re entering is the best solution.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X