DS-160 Current employment query

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DS-160 Current employment query

After completing my btech in June 2015, I joined an early age startup in December. I am working their to gain experience and with nothing being paid.

What should I mention in the current employment section of DS160 form? Should I write salary as 0? Or should I not mention about my job?

Note: this startup is not my h1b sponsor

Kindly guide me please.
    Last edited by Codelock; 04-04-2016, 04:49 PM.

Originally posted by Codelock View Post
    After completing my btech in June 2015, I joined an early age startup in December. I am working their to gain experience and with nothing being paid.

What should I mention in the current employment section of DS160 form? Should I write salary as 0? Or should I not mention about my job?

Note: this startup is not my h1b sponsor

Kindly guide me please.
    If you are working and not getting paid, yes , this is what you should mention.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
      If you are working and not getting paid, yes , this is what you should mention.

This is my opinion not legal advice.
      Thanks for your quick response, but I didn't got you. Should I write 0 in salary or should I not mention about my job or what??

Kindly guide.

Thanks again.

Comment

I would also like to ask that do internships (paid/unpaid) count as employment and should I mention them in the previous employment section of DS-160?

Comment

Originally posted by Codelock View Post
          I would also like to ask that do internships (paid/unpaid) count as employment and should I mention them in the previous employment section of DS-160?
          Why ain't anyone replying?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X