No announcement yet.

How to resolve status verification issues on H1B

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi, I am living in penssylvania and also facing similar issue from last1 month.several round to different DMVs to this location. But all said there is 'Additional Information required' Flag is there.

I really need DL as there is no public transport and no domestic help to commute to office. Please help/guide me what I can do. I told the same story to my employer but they did not understand the issue. I tried to call to USCIS and they did not understand what I am trying to tell. what information is missing or what information is not updated. I am really stuck here. Not sure what to do or not to do.

Please help me!

Comment

I have the same issue. I reached out or USCIS, no use, got an appointment to visit nearby USCIS office, no use but they say I can write a letter to the office from where so got my H1 B approval (Vermont). I sent letter with acknowledgment, my letter got received on April 17 and today I went to DMV to see if it gets updated but no luck same answer. One thing they said was don’t go to different agency(DMV), if you do then it will be a new case every time you visit a new agency because they see 5 case generated on my name. I asked them to scan my i797 copy and sent it to USCIS from their end as they have more privilege than we do. But they say they can do it only when they don’t see any status on their system. In my case it’s still showing as student in their system. I am thinking I should try after my F1 status expires which is June 14. If any one figured any solution please post here.

Comment

Really Thanks, I used my latest I94 and pass SAVE sytem immediately. Thank you!!!
        Originally posted by tkgupta View Post
        Check your I-94 Number!

I had a recent issue with renewing my DL in Florida on my H1B visa. My previous DL was on my F1 visa. My H1B is valid from 2017 to 2020. I took my H1B approval notice as my primary document for DL renewal and the DMV kept getting a mismatch in status. They kept seeing me as an F1 student. I was not sure why, because I had made 2 trips to India after my H1B approval and had no issues at stamping or at the point of entry.

They asked me to go back to my sponsor (my school or company) and check if they had anything they could do. I went back to my school, and they said as soon as my H1B was approved, the school is out of the whole immigration process for the candidate. I did not even bother talking to the lawyers since I knew they could not help.

During my next visit to the DMV, I told them the same thing the school told me. They called the headquarters at Tallahassee and they didn't know what to do either. SO they asked me to call USCIS and see if they could help. After a 45 min wait on the phone, I got through, only to find out that they could not help, and that I would have to get an INFOPASS appointment. The appointment was very hard to get, and after a few days I learnt that it is best to check the website in the morning when slots open. I got an appointment for 2 weeks later. When I went to USCIS yesterday, they could not help me because everything in their system was good. and showed no issues. They did not know how else to help me especially because I did not know what the exact problem was either.

I came back home and re-read all the messages on this thread, and saw mentions of USCIS database, SAVE, E-verify, CBP etc. I ran all these checks, and saw NO issues anywhere. When I pulled my I-94 online, I "happened" to notice that the I-94 number there was different than on my H1B approval notice. I had NO idea that the I-94 number changes every time you enter the country! The lawyers always said to check the "valid till date" I-94 on my passport upon entry (to be sure it is the same as my H1B approval date) and I did not know it still saves a record online. While I had used the online tool to generate the I-94 on my F1 visa for the DL, I did not imagine I would need it again, especially since the approval notice had that info.

I went back today to the DMV with my latest I-94 printed. They did not even need my approval notice and were able to issue me a DL until the validity of my I-94. Nobody at the DMV knew about this, and I did not see this posted anywhere on any blog either!!

SOLUTION: Please check that you are using the latest I-94 number as extracted from https://i94.cbp.dhs.gov/I94/#/recent-search. The I-94 number on your H1B approval notice may not be the latest if you had traveled internationally before renewing your DL on the new visa.

My next steps would have been to go to the Congressman's office. Thankfully, I don't need to do that. Hope this post helps out people!

Comment

Originally posted by tkgupta View Post
          Check your I-94 Number!

I had a recent issue with renewing my DL in Florida on my H1B visa. My previous DL was on my F1 visa. My H1B is valid from 2017 to 2020. I took my H1B approval notice as my primary document for DL renewal and the DMV kept getting a mismatch in status. They kept seeing me as an F1 student. I was not sure why, because I had made 2 trips to India after my H1B approval and had no issues at stamping or at the point of entry.

They asked me to go back to my sponsor (my school or company) and check if they had anything they could do. I went back to my school, and they said as soon as my H1B was approved, the school is out of the whole immigration process for the candidate. I did not even bother talking to the lawyers since I knew they could not help.

During my next visit to the DMV, I told them the same thing the school told me. They called the headquarters at Tallahassee and they didn't know what to do either. SO they asked me to call USCIS and see if they could help. After a 45 min wait on the phone, I got through, only to find out that they could not help, and that I would have to get an INFOPASS appointment. The appointment was very hard to get, and after a few days I learnt that it is best to check the website in the morning when slots open. I got an appointment for 2 weeks later. When I went to USCIS yesterday, they could not help me because everything in their system was good. and showed no issues. They did not know how else to help me especially because I did not know what the exact problem was either.

I came back home and re-read all the messages on this thread, and saw mentions of USCIS database, SAVE, E-verify, CBP etc. I ran all these checks, and saw NO issues anywhere. When I pulled my I-94 online, I "happened" to notice that the I-94 number there was different than on my H1B approval notice. I had NO idea that the I-94 number changes every time you enter the country! The lawyers always said to check the "valid till date" I-94 on my passport upon entry (to be sure it is the same as my H1B approval date) and I did not know it still saves a record online. While I had used the online tool to generate the I-94 on my F1 visa for the DL, I did not imagine I would need it again, especially since the approval notice had that info.

I went back today to the DMV with my latest I-94 printed. They did not even need my approval notice and were able to issue me a DL until the validity of my I-94. Nobody at the DMV knew about this, and I did not see this posted anywhere on any blog either!!

SOLUTION: Please check that you are using the latest I-94 number as extracted from https://i94.cbp.dhs.gov/I94/#/recent-search. The I-94 number on your H1B approval notice may not be the latest if you had traveled internationally before renewing your DL on the new visa.

My next steps would have been to go to the Congressman's office. Thankfully, I don't need to do that. Hope this post helps out people!
          Hello Sir,

I salute you for sharing your experience, same thing happened with me and I was tensed as my license was expiring and After reading this post I realized I had carried my i797 (with my old i94 number). I had recently visited India and didn’t realize there was a new i94 number generated. I went to DMV and they told me the system says I am student. The next day after reading this post I took my new updated i94 and guess what, it was a piece of cake everything went smooth.... thank you so much

Comment

Hello Everyone,

I am stuck with a peculiar situation. I changed employer last year and recaptured the days and got my H1B visa extended until November 13th 2019, which was supposed to end tomorrow on September 5th, 2019. And my driving license also ends the same day on September 5th,2019. I recently got my H1B visa renewed until May 2022 and I have the original approval notice with me. I have been to the DPS thrice in last one month and during my initial visit I was told that I could renew my DL only until Nov 13th,2019 (my H1B transfer I 94 valid date that I received last year after recapturing the days that I outside the US) and I requested for a SAVE verification so that I could get my DL renewed until May 2022.After my second verification got rejected I went to the DPS and they scanned my current valid visa document , I 94, passports (old/new) etc. And even after three additional verification the SAVE could not verify my lawful presence. Can I go to the DPS and get my DL renewed until Nov 13th,2019 as they had in their database system initially? I have already requested USCIS for an appointment at the local USCIS field office which I am yet to get scheduled. Has anyone in this group faced a similar situation and came out successful with getting the DL renewed until the date that was on the DPS database even after SAVE couldn't verify the lawful presence. Please shed some light and I really appreciate all the help.

Thank you,
            KAS

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X