Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Project change when H1B Extension cum amendment is pending with RFE status

Hi,

I have situation where your input can help me.

Case Details:

I came to USA on H1B on Jan 2015 and started working for Client A.
    H1b extension cum amendment was filed for new Client B on Aug 2015 and I started working for Client B .On March 8, 2016 my company upgraded case to premium and on March 9, 2016 I got RFE for specialty occupation.
    Due to budget constraints I was rolled off on March 30, 2016 from Client B project for which h1b extension cum amendment was filed.

Questions:

· My company attorney is saying that they will respond to RFE that was received for H1b extension cum amendment filed for Client B with new H1b amendment receipt number that they are going to file in few days for new client C that I will join .
    Is it safe option as RFE came for Client B and in response to RFE they are going to send new H1b amendment receipt number for client C ? what are my options if this leads to denial ? Do I have to go out of USA and file new h1b petition after finding new company?

· My I-94 expired on Sep 25, 2015 if I don’t get approval for h1b extension then I have to leave USA by May 20, 2016 according to 240 days rule even when petition is pending ?

· Given my situation I know it is too late to ask this question but can I try to get into contracting and find employer that is willing to file new petition? Will new petition approval be dependent on approval of petition on which I received RFE or are they independent ?

Originally posted by Gursingh View Post
    Hi,

I have situation where your input can help me.

Case Details:

I came to USA on H1B on Jan 2015 and started working for Client A.
    H1b extension cum amendment was filed for new Client B on Aug 2015 and I started working for Client B .On March 8, 2016 my company upgraded case to premium and on March 9, 2016 I got RFE for specialty occupation.
    Due to budget constraints I was rolled off on March 30, 2016 from Client B project for which h1b extension cum amendment was filed.

Questions:

· My company attorney is saying that they will respond to RFE that was received for H1b extension cum amendment filed for Client B with new H1b amendment receipt number that they are going to file in few days for new client C that I will join .
    Is it safe option as RFE came for Client B and in response to RFE they are going to send new H1b amendment receipt number for client C ? what are my options if this leads to denial ? Do I have to go out of USA and file new h1b petition after finding new company?

· My I-94 expired on Sep 25, 2015 if I don’t get approval for h1b extension then I have to leave USA by May 20, 2016 according to 240 days rule even when petition is pending ?

· Given my situation I know it is too late to ask this question but can I try to get into contracting and find employer that is willing to file new petition? Will new petition approval be dependent on approval of petition on which I received RFE or are they independent ?

Prima facie, you would not be considered in a valid status currently unless the original petition for B is approved. Any subsequent amendment/extension may get approved as consular process, meaning, without I-94, needing you to leave US immediately.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X