Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 Transfer in 6th Year of stay.

Hi,

I know this question is old but with all the changes around want to confirm on few things.
    I am on H1 B visa with Company A and is valid till Sept 2016. I have approved I 140 (approved April 2014) with PD Oct 2013. Now I have got a full time offer with Company B and I am very much interested in joining it. What are the options and risks I have to take. Company B as of today are saying they can process labor In Jun 2016 cycle if I join in May.

My H1 started from June 6th 2010 and I have 194 days of vacation which I can use for my 6 years completion.

Reading online says

1) File H1 extension with Company A (using the A-number of I140) and then once done, do the H1 transfer with company B.
    - Here with Company A i may not get client letter for more than Jan 2017. Also I do not know if company B can wait until my extension is complete.

2) If Company B files H1 transfter directly using the A-number , what should I be requesting Company A to do?

Does anyone have experience switching company in 6th year of H1. I know its risky, but want to get into full time job, fed up with consulancy jobs. Please help me.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X