H1B 2017 CAP Lottery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B 2017 CAP Lottery

Anyone received your 13 digit receipt number from your employer yet? This is to see if USCIS has completed lottery and started sending out receipts for the accepted applications!

Hi,

As per the USCIS link https://www.uscis.gov/news/alerts/us...rocess-fy-2017 they are done with the lottery.

i could have found few people mentioning on following link regarding there receipt #
    http://*********.com/uscis-news-offi...-2017-lottery/

Comment

Originally posted by shaqa View Post
      Anyone received your 13 digit receipt number from your employer yet? This is to see if USCIS has completed lottery and started sending out receipts for the accepted applications!
      Yes, they have started sending receipts for premium processing applications. You must check from your employer if your application was under premium processing? If not, sit back and relax, it's going to take some time for regular applicants.

Comment

Thanks for your responses!

If USCIS has already decided the set of Applications that it is going to use to fill the CAP, then why not reject and return others immediately? How long would it take to know if an application has not made it through the random selection process?

Comment

last year it took ~2 months to return all the rejected entries.
          As "CodeLock" mentioned if you are in the general slot; sit back and relax, it will take a while (~May end) to know the status.

Comment

H1B 2017 CAP Lottery

Yes application receipts are being mailed now. We know few who got their EAC # already.

Comment

I-797C received for L2 dependents, but H1 status unknown

Originally posted by mousan View Post
              Yes application receipts are being mailed now. We know few who got their EAC # already.
              I received 797C for my dependents (L2), as my company filed L1 to H1-COS has been filed.
              Does this mean my H1 application selected in lottery ?

Comment

When is Education Evaluation is performed? Is it done for cases selected in lottery?

Originally posted by Codelock View Post
                Yes, they have started sending receipts for premium processing applications. You must check from your employer if your application was under premium processing? If not, sit back and relax, it's going to take some time for regular applicants.
                When is Education Evaluation is performed? Is it done for cases selected in lottery? My company gave the status to me as Education Evaluation is going on. So my case was selected in lottery ?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                X