Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 rfe --- h4 ------------h1?

Please help

I was working for company A from jun 2014 to Dec 2015. They applied for H1 in april 2015 which got approved and I was on H1 from Oct 2015. Got laid off in Dec 2015.

I joined a consulting company in jan 2016 and they filed for transfer of H1. Got receipt on jan 25 2016. My previous company (company A) withdrew H1 on Jan 29th.

I received RFE for H1 transfer on feb 10th 2016, they asked for client letter. I was looking for a job but was unable to find one. The last day for answering RFE is april 24th 2016.

I don't have any pay stubs from Jan 30th till now as I was not working.

I got married to my fiance last week and am considering applying for H4 to maintain a VISA.

I have these following questions:

1. Should I apply for H1 - H4 COS from US ? or go to india and get stamping?

2. Does not having pay stubs for 3 months while H1 is on RFE (Not approved), going to be a problem?

3. What complications might I face if I plan to go to india for stamping?

I am considering going to India for stamping as it is a faster process than H1 to H4 conversion here in US (I was told it might take 3-5 mnths and I cant apply for H1 during this time if I find a job).

Please let me know if u have suggestions/answers on how to deal with my current situation.

Thanks.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X