Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Query on H4 transfer

Hi,

Currently i am in US with X employer and my wife got H4 on X employer only but currently she is staying in india. now i am planning to change the employer to Y, is it require to transfer my wife H4 visa to Y employer before they are landing or they can come to USA with X employer visa ?

I have gone through couple of forums but still i want to get claryfied before i am taking dicission to move to Y employer

My and my wife`s visa expires on 2017, have two kids with valid H4 ...

Thanks in advance..

Kumar

Originally posted by kumar_k10 View Post
    Hi,

Currently i am in US with X employer and my wife got H4 on X employer only but currently she is staying in india. now i am planning to change the employer to Y, is it require to transfer my wife H4 visa to Y employer before they are landing or they can come to USA with X employer visa ?

I have gone through couple of forums but still i want to get claryfied before i am taking dicission to move to Y employer

My and my wife`s visa expires on 2017, have two kids with valid H4 ...

Thanks in advance..

Kumar
    They can re use the existing H4 visas as long as they are valid, no issues. But few caveats though, upon their entry to US, at the POE they should show your employer B's approved petition (I797), and , they may be given I-94 only till visa expiry even if B's I797 expiry is beyond the visa expiry, which will probably need you to file a timely I-94 extension in future.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Thanks raghvi, appreciate your quick response.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X