H4 extension is being filed and can I leave to India

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 extension is being filed and can I leave to India

Hi I am in US I want to leave to India for a family reason. My husband company has started the extension process for me and my husband our visa expires on June 30th. I want to go to India in May. Can I go and return to US once my h4 extension is approved or will it become a problem if I leave now.. Please help!! I would be thankful if I get an immediate response

Originally posted by Ramya Rengarajan View Post
    Hi I am in US I want to leave to India for a family reason. My husband company has started the extension process for me and my husband our visa expires on June 30th. I want to go to India in May. Can I go and return to US once my h4 extension is approved or will it become a problem if I leave now.. Please help!! I would be thankful if I get an immediate response
    When are you planning to return?

Comment

When the visa is approved

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
      When are you planning to return?
      Returning when my visa gets approved or can I return before June 30th

Comment

Returning when my visa gets approved or can I return before June 30th
        Are you planning to go for fresh visa while you are outside US?

Comment

Sorry I didn't get your question

I have the visa till 30 June 2016, I want to go to India for some personal reason, husband's office has already started the extension process so just want to know if I could leave now in between the process and return to US when the extension is approved..

Comment

I have the visa till 30 June 2016, I want to go to India for some personal reason, husband's office has already started the extension process so just want to know if I could leave now in between the process and return to US when the extension is approved..

I dont see a point of filing extension when you are intending to leave.

1. Either leave after getting extension approved (by premium processing). The risk is that when you re enter you would again get an I-94 only matching your visa that is only till 30-Jun-2016
            OR,
            2. File H4 extension after returning (before 30-June-2016).
            OR
            3. When H1 petition is approved, use that to get a new H4 visa and return on new H4 visa.

This is my opinion not legal advice.
            Last edited by raghvi; 04-28-2016, 08:04 PM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X