Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Legal commitment behind H1

Hi,

I got selected in lottery for this year H1. My employer is already in USA and he processed my case through one of the lawyer. My question here is if my case approved by USIC then can I find another employer to transfer my H1 as I don't want to join my sponsored employer due to nature of work?

Is there any legal commitment that I have to work for sponsored employer for xyz period of time? Or I have to travel first to his office and then find an employer there and then initiate transfer?

Experts kindly suggest.

thx
    Prash

Originally posted by pras07 View Post
    Hi,

I got selected in lottery for this year H1. My employer is already in USA and he processed my case through one of the lawyer. My question here is if my case approved by USIC then can I find another employer to transfer my H1 as I don't want to join my sponsored employer due to nature of work?

Is there any legal commitment that I have to work for sponsored employer for xyz period of time? Or I have to travel first to his office and then find an employer there and then initiate transfer?

Experts kindly suggest.

thx
    Prash
    It depends upon how the employment contract has been signed with the employer. You would need the approval notice from the employer in order to transfer to another employer. Generally employers will not give it to you if you show intent to not join them.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X