Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B "Class Until" date different from visa validity date

Hi,

In post I94 days, we do not get I94 attached in our passports. My H1B visa validity date is aug 2017 (I797 validity date aug 2017 as well). The immigration officer at the POE put "Sep 06 2016" under the "Class until" section inside the seal on the passport. Does this mean that the H1B visa is valid only until sep 06 2016?

Thanks!

Originally posted by narayan81 View Post
    Hi,

In post I94 days, we do not get I94 attached in our passports. My H1B visa validity date is aug 2017 (I797 validity date aug 2017 as well). The immigration officer at the POE put "Sep 06 2016" under the "Class until" section inside the seal on the passport. Does this mean that the H1B visa is valid only until sep 06 2016?

Thanks!
    Wonder what prompted him/her to do so. What's your passport expiry? What's your online I94 expiry date?

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
      Wonder what prompted him/her to do so. What's your passport expiry? What's your online I94 expiry date?
      Thanks for your reply raghvi!

Online I94 expiry date is sep 06 2017 (and not 2016)! Do you think its a typo on the passport? Looks like I have to make a trip to POE. Passport expires much later.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by narayan81 View Post
        Thanks for your reply raghvi!

Online I94 expiry date is sep 06 2017 (and not 2016)! Do you think its a typo on the passport? Looks like I have to make a trip to POE. Passport expires much later.

Thanks!
        I checked with my company's lawyers and they mentioned that online I94 is the reference and even though the immigration officer appeared to have made a mistake when entering the date on the stamp, online I94 appears to reflect the correct date. Online I94 is used as reference by concerned agencies. So, lawyers mentioned that I was good.

Lesson: Eventhough one is severely jetlagged and tired by the travel; it is best to take it slow at the immigration counter, do all the checks and convince yourself that all is well before proceeding to your destination.

Best Regards,
        Narayan

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X