Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H-1B & H4 Visas stamped but not travelled

Hello,
    I've a H-1B ( & H4 for dependant) visa stamped with my employer(sponsor), the visa stamped page has name of my employer. Never traveled with this visa. There are no opportunities with my employer to travel to US. I am planning to quit the job, in this case what will happen to the Visas?
    I've been told that if I don't travel once through my sponsor, the visa will not be valid and new employers cannot file a new petition/LCA.
    Please help!

Originally posted by IronMaq View Post
    Hello,
    I've a H-1B ( & H4 for dependant) visa stamped with my employer(sponsor), the visa stamped page has name of my employer. Never traveled with this visa. There are no opportunities with my employer to travel to US. I am planning to quit the job, in this case what will happen to the Visas?
    I've been told that if I don't travel once through my sponsor, the visa will not be valid and new employers cannot file a new petition/LCA.
    Please help!
    There is difference between visa, petition, LCA,and cap exemption. Visa as such does not belong to an employer, though it does have the employer name on it.

As you are already cap counted, another employer can file a cap exempt petition for you within 6 years.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X