Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Urgent: Conversion from H1B to H4 and after few months h4 to H1B is possible?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Urgent: Conversion from H1B to H4 and after few months h4 to H1B is possible?

Hi,

I travelled to USA in H4 ( which is valid till Jun 2016) in 2014 . Applied H1B and it was approved and valid till Sep 2017. I also got it stamped in my passport for H1B. Then, I got a full time job and applied H1b transfer and my H1b is valid till Jul 2018. I did not go for stamping after visa transfer.
    Now, I need to take a break for 6 months and planning to travel to India.
    1) Should I apply for change of status from H1 to H4? Can I use my h4 and apply extension ?
    2) Should I go for h1b stamping or h4 stamping in case Change Of status is applied?
    3) Can I travel in H1 and return in H4? Please let me know procedure for that.
    4) Will my H1B be valid even after I change my status to h4? ? After returning to US after 6 months, can I use my H1b again and start working?

Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Originally posted by KumarUSA View Post
    Hi,

I travelled to USA in H4 ( which is valid till Jun 2016) in 2014 . Applied H1B and it was approved and valid till Sep 2017. I also got it stamped in my passport for H1B. Then, I got a full time job and applied H1b transfer and my H1b is valid till Jul 2018. I did not go for stamping after visa transfer.
    Now, I need to take a break for 6 months and planning to travel to India.
    1) Should I apply for change of status from H1 to H4? Can I use my h4 and apply extension ?
    2) Should I go for h1b stamping or h4 stamping in case Change Of status is applied?
    3) Can I travel in H1 and return in H4? Please let me know procedure for that.
    4) Will my H1B be valid even after I change my status to h4? ? After returning to US after 6 months, can I use my H1b again and start working?

Your help would be greatly appreciated.
    When are you planning to take this break? When are you planning to leave US? When are you planning to return?

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
      When are you planning to take this break? When are you planning to leave US? When are you planning to return?
      This month end or beginning of next month. I'm on maternity leave currently and I need to quit my job before first week of June. I'm planning to return in November.

Please advise.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X