H1B Visa_Fraud_ecomnet_May2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Visa_Fraud_ecomnet_May2016

I saw this visa fraud done by Raju Kosuri, e-comNet today in the news paper. Unfortunately, I filed my H1 B with these guys this year and now my fate is hanging in balance.

Can someone please advice what should I be doing immediately ?

a. Can there be any action on me ?
    b. Should I be contacting police or USCIS that I was told by this company that they have job and will sponsor me a H1 B if I can pay them attorney fees ?
    c. Is there a chance of them returning back my money ?
    d. Will I be blacklisted from USCIS for filling with a fraudent company ?

Please advice..

Originally posted by userone_userone View Post
    I saw this visa fraud done by Raju Kosuri, e-comNet today in the news paper. Unfortunately, I filed my H1 B with these guys this year and now my fate is hanging in balance.

Can someone please advice what should I be doing immediately ?

a. Can there be any action on me ?
    b. Should I be contacting police or USCIS that I was told by this company that they have job and will sponsor me a H1 B if I can pay them attorney fees ?
    c. Is there a chance of them returning back my money ?
    d. Will I be blacklisted from USCIS for filling with a fraudent company ?

Please advice..
    a. It would depend how deep USCIS would want to investigate and hold the ones who paid these or similar "consultants" accountable.
    b. It would be akin to telling that "yes I paid dowry" Remember its illegal to ask for dowry as well as to pay for dowry. Similarly its illegal to ask for H1 fees as well as illegal to pay for it too.
    c. I highly doubt that.
    d. Read above a answer. In the forums someone posted similar question about one being "blacklisted" for applying F1 for a blacklisted university, dont know if they take similar approach for fraudlulent consultants too .

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

USCIS and CBP.. are really starting to crack down on F1s and H1bs from India. Shady desi consultancy employees should take notice. There have been numerous reports of CBP interrogating H1b holders from India at POE with dubious job offers and suspicious documents.

I find it hard to believe people who get trapped by these so-called consultants are not aware of what they're dealing with. They're just as guilty.. and both parties ought to be held liable for violations of US law.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X