Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question on Dependent's Travel (with H4 based on previous H1B) after H-1B Transfer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question on Dependent's Travel (with H4 based on previous H1B) after H-1B Transfer

Hello

I have recently changed my company with in US and I already got a soft copy of my H-1B transfer approval notice I 797 C.

I have a plan to bring my dependents to US now.

My dependents have a VISA stamped in their passport based on my previous employer's H-1B and is valid until 2017 January.

Can they travel to US with their current VISA if they carry a scanned copy of new approval notice, offer letter and LCA.

If yes, do they need to carry original documents for above specified.

Your help in this case is much appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
    Prasanth.

Originally posted by Prasanth767 View Post
    Hello

I have recently changed my company with in US and I already got a soft copy of my H-1B transfer approval notice I 797 C.

I have a plan to bring my dependents to US now.

My dependents have a VISA stamped in their passport based on my previous employer's H-1B and is valid until 2017 January.

Can they travel to US with their current VISA if they carry a scanned copy of new approval notice, offer letter and LCA.

If yes, do they need to carry original documents for above specified.

Your help in this case is much appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
    Prasanth.

Yes they can, copy should be fine. Only thing to take in note is that the officer may give I-94 only till the visa expiry date and not till the new I797.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
      Yes they can, copy should be fine. Only thing to take in note is that the officer may give I-94 only till the visa expiry date and not till the new I797.

Thank you Raghvi.

Can you please tell me what are the documents they need to carry ?

Copies of new approval notice, offer letter, LCA.. anything else?

Thanks in advance,

Prasanth,

Comment

Thank you Raghvi.

Can you please tell me what are the documents they need to carry ?

Copies of new approval notice, offer letter, LCA.. anything else?

Thanks in advance,

Prasanth,
        Marriage certificate, birth certificate copies, your passport copies with valid visa (if you have), your I-94 copy, and latest paystubs.

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
          Marriage certificate, birth certificate copies, your passport copies with valid visa (if you have), your I-94 copy, and latest paystubs.

Thank you Raghvi! Much appreciated.

Prasanth.

Comment

Question on Dependent's Travel (with H4 based on previous H1B) after H-1B Transfer

Can you please tell me if my dependents need to carry their H4 Approval notice and or an H-1B approval notice (I 797 A) would be sufficient.

Comment

Can you please tell me if my dependents need to carry their H4 Approval notice and or an H-1B approval notice (I 797 A) would be sufficient.
              Technically they dont need their own H4 I797. But do keep it for records.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X