Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Place & Date of Entry to US for Form I 765,if CBP Preclearance is done in Abu Dhabi?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Place & Date of Entry to US for Form I 765,if CBP Preclearance is done in Abu Dhabi?

Hi everyone,
    I'm currently filling out the I-765 Employment Authorization form and have a question regarding the date and place of last entry into US.
    I'd gone to India in Jan'16 and returned to US on 1st April'16 through Chicago. But I had my Preclearance done by CBP in Abu Dhabi on 31st Mar'16 . So on my passport i have a stamp of Abu Dhabi airport and the date as 31st Mar'16. There is no mention of my arrival to US on 1st Apr'16 via Chicago.
    My I-94 which was updated after my travel also states 31st Mar'16 as the Date of Entry and Abu Dhabi in my Travel History on this website - https://i94.cbp.dhs.gov/I94/consent.html
    What should I enter into my Form I-765 as Date and Place of last entry into US?

P.S. - I already called up USCIS as well as CBP Chicago office and i have received conflicting answers. One said I need to enter Place of entry to US as - "CBP Preclearance Abu Dhabi" and date as "03/31/2016" . The other said since its the place inside US that i need to mention, so it's going to be "Chicago" with the date - "04/01/2016".
    - In one of the other forums in another website, I read one of the Immigration lawyers stating that the "Port of Entry" and the "Place of Entry" are two different things as now CBP clearance takes place in other countries too before the passenger enters US, so entering the place inside US would be preferable and that the applicant should attach the I-94 form copy too.

Kindly help me in this matter as even USCIS is not able to help me with it.

Originally posted by nish7575 View Post
    Hi everyone,
    I'm currently filling out the I-765 Employment Authorization form and have a question regarding the date and place of last entry into US.
    I'd gone to India in Jan'16 and returned to US on 1st April'16 through Chicago. But I had my Preclearance done by CBP in Abu Dhabi on 31st Mar'16 . So on my passport i have a stamp of Abu Dhabi airport and the date as 31st Mar'16. There is no mention of my arrival to US on 1st Apr'16 via Chicago.
    My I-94 which was updated after my travel also states 31st Mar'16 as the Date of Entry and Abu Dhabi in my Travel History on this website - https://i94.cbp.dhs.gov/I94/consent.html

P.S. - I already called up USCIS as well as CBP Chicago office and i have received conflicting answers. One said I need to enter Place of entry to US as - "CBP Preclearance Abu Dhabi" and date as "03/31/2016" . The other said since its the place inside US that i need to mention, so it's going to be "Chicago" with the date - "04/01/2016".
    - In one of the other forums in another website, I read one of the Immigration lawyers stating that the "Port of Entry" and the "Place of Entry" are two different things as now CBP clearance takes place in other countries too before the passenger enters US, so entering the place inside US would be preferable and that the applicant should attach the I-94 form copy too.

I would advise putting in the actual place of entry, the place within US territory where you landed, rather than where your immigration check was done.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Hi everyone,

Hi nish7575,

I'm under same situation, so what did you finally write as "Place of your entry" in the i-765?

Thanks in advance!

Comment

Originally posted by nitesh8390 View Post
        Hi nish7575,

I'm under same situation, so what did you finally write as "Place of your entry" in the i-765?

Thanks in advance!
        Hi,

Can you tell what did you guys finally write as "Place of entry" in I-765

Thanks

Comment

Place of entry - MAA ABU Dhabi Intl

Hi,

I have also the same kind of situation. Want to know whether it should be place of actual entry into U.S. or port of entry by CBP.

Did you get any better answer on this?

Comment

Put Abu Dhabi. That is where you were processed for entry by CBP.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

Hey Nish,

Hi everyone,

What was the final place & date you wrote in the form? please let me know

Comment

Seek advice on place of entry

Originally posted by Krups View Post
                What was the final place & date you wrote in the form? please let me know
                I am filling up form I 765 and my port of entry was Abu Dhabi as well.
                Could anyone please inform what did you finally wrote as your place of entry.
                Thanks in advance

Comment

Do we any answers to this question please?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                  X