Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Indian Passport Expired H4

Hi

We live near SanFransisco. My wife is on H4 visa and we realized that her passport and I-94 expired yesterday. It was a goof up in reading dates and we didnt realize it. Since her passport expired, is it possible to renew it immediately on Tatkal in indian embassy? Can some one help what are the best steps to take in this regard. How does this impact for her future stay

Thanks
    antn

Originally posted by antn View Post
    Hi

We live near SanFransisco. My wife is on H4 visa and we realized that her passport and I-94 expired yesterday. It was a goof up in reading dates and we didnt realize it. Since her passport expired, is it possible to renew it immediately on Tatkal in indian embassy? Can some one help what are the best steps to take in this regard. How does this impact for her future stay

Thanks
    antn
    You may have to schedule an appointment and request for tatkaal passport as well as provide a reason for letting the passport expire. As for I94 it may be as easy as going to nearest CBP office and requesting a new one, or she can leave US an re enter on new visa, or file I539 and wait for 6 months.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
      You may have to schedule an appointment and request for tatkaal passport as well as provide a reason for letting the passport expire. As for I94 it may be as easy as going to nearest CBP office and requesting a new one, or she can leave US an re enter on new visa, or file I539 and wait for 6 months.

This is my opinion not legal advice.
      Thank you. I read somewhere that Tatkal passports are not given for expired passports. Does any one know if tatkal passport can be applied on if the passport is expired last week.

Best Regards
      antn

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X