Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B transfer and Visa extension.. please help

Hi,

I am in a catch 22 situation.. My H1B is going to expire in September 2016 which was stamped in october 2014 and the Employer A whom i am working in US is based out of my home country is planning to send me back to home in June 2016.
    What should i do to get my H1B transferred and Extended so that i might not go back to home country.
    If i find a Employer B how much time does it take for H1B transfer and Extension

Originally posted by nirvanaz22 View Post
    My H1B is going to expire in September 2016

What should i do to get my H1B transferred and Extended so that i might not go back to home country.
    If a US opportunity is unavailable, going back to "home country" is the viable option. Please remember H1Bs are for temporary US assignments.

"..The H-1B is a non-immigrant visa in the United States under the Immigration and Nationality Act, section 101(a)(15)(H). It allows U.S. employers to temporarily employ foreign workers in specialty occupations. If a foreign worker in H-1B status quits or is dismissed from the sponsoring employer, the worker must either apply for and be granted a change of status to another non-immigrant status, find another employer (subject to application for adjustment of status and/or change of visa), or leave the U.S..." Wiki

Comment

Originally posted by nirvanaz22 View Post
      Hi,

I am in a catch 22 situation.. My H1B is going to expire in September 2016 which was stamped in october 2014 and the Employer A whom i am working in US is based out of my home country is planning to send me back to home in June 2016.
      If i find a Employer B how much time does it take for H1B transfer and Extension
      If you can find a H1 sponsor, and they can file the transfer and get it approved for you prior to your last pay day with the current employer you can continue to stay and work.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X