L1B to H1B Conversion Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1B to H1B Conversion Questions

Hi All, I have some basic question and hope to get my questions clarified. Thanks for your patience and help in advance.

My L1B is going to max out on 19th Aug, 2016 and My employer advised me to convert from L1B to H1B. Did all the documentation work and my H1B conversion was filed through Consular mode on the 1st Week of April. After it was filed, My employer sent me the scanned copy of the whole petition sent through FedEx to California USCIS center. I am not sure what is the next steps.

Did my conversion case goes through the lottery process? If yes, As per my understanding, USCIS will first start letting know the petitions which got selected and then return the ones which didnt get selected. Is it safe to assume that if i dont receive any notification before end of may month then my petition didnt get selected in the lottery.

How the USCIS will notify those whose petition got selected in the lottery.

Would my company receive the receipt notice and with that receipt number, can i track whether mine has got picked in the lottery or not

would it be advisable to upgrade to premium to know the results sooner.

Originally posted by dellite View Post
    Hi All, I have some basic question and hope to get my questions clarified. Thanks for your patience and help in advance.

My L1B is going to max out on 19th Aug, 2016 and My employer advised me to convert from L1B to H1B. Did all the documentation work and my H1B conversion was filed through Consular mode on the 1st Week of April. After it was filed, My employer sent me the scanned copy of the whole petition sent through FedEx to California USCIS center. I am not sure what is the next steps.

Did my conversion case goes through the lottery process? If yes, As per my understanding, USCIS will first start letting know the petitions which got selected and then return the ones which didnt get selected. Is it safe to assume that if i dont receive any notification before end of may month then my petition didnt get selected in the lottery.

How the USCIS will notify those whose petition got selected in the lottery.

Would my company receive the receipt notice and with that receipt number, can i track whether mine has got picked in the lottery or not

would it be advisable to upgrade to premium to know the results sooner.
    Your employer should have received the receipt number if your petition was selected in lottery. There is a 5-10% chance that you may still get the receipt notice in May.

If it is not selected in lottery, USCIS will return the package in June.
    This is just my opinion, not a legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X