Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 stamping outside US other than India

Hi All,

I am planning for a trip to Europe with my kid and family sometime this year. I have never left US since I came 3 yrs back. I have renewed my H1 twice and switched an employer in between. I know we need to get my H1 and spouse H4 stamped in any consulate in Europe as my Indian stamping on the passport would have got expired long back. But, if I go to India (Chennai) after this trip -
    1. Do I need to get it stamped yet again even if the European stamping is valid for, say other 1 year or so?
    2. If 1 is true, is that a dropbox stamping or an in-person interview at Chennai Consulate?
    3. Would I have to go through the Biometric yet again?

Your suggestions are highly appreciated!

Thanks.

Originally posted by Pratt View Post
    Hi All,

I am planning for a trip to Europe with my kid and family sometime this year. I have never left US since I came 3 yrs back. I have renewed my H1 twice and switched an employer in between. I know we need to get my H1 and spouse H4 stamped in any consulate in Europe as my Indian stamping on the passport would have got expired long back. But, if I go to India (Chennai) after this trip -
    1. Do I need to get it stamped yet again even if the European stamping is valid for, say other 1 year or so?
    2. If 1 is true, is that a dropbox stamping or an in-person interview at Chennai Consulate?
    3. Would I have to go through the Biometric yet again?

Your suggestions are highly appreciated!

Thanks.
    1. No
    3. No
    This is just my opinion, not a legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X