Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 visa denied citing 222g

Hi Immihelp,

I was on H1B visa for the last three years(two H1s actually). Before that I was on F1 visa. When I went to mexico for getting my transfer from F1 to H1 stamping, they denied my visa stating out of status. I wasn't even given a transit visa to USA. So, I plan to fly from Mexico to India.

I have my w-2s and have been working for the three years on my H1 visa ( this is my second employer). I have letters from my client manager and employer citing that I am working on the project right now and I have all the paystubs to prove it.

My questions are:

1) Can they deny my visa (back in India), citing that I was out of status?
    2) Can I apply for an emergency H1 visa when I have a valid reason that I should be back in my project?

Thank you.

Visa is denied only for valid reasons. In your case, you changed from F to H first employer to H second employer. All the sequential dates need to examined carefully before a recommendation can be given.

Please consult an attorney.

Visa in application in Canada/Mexico pose inherent risk that if visa is denied, a person is not allowed to re-enter USA and has to fly back to home country from Canada/Mexico.

Comment

Canada/Mexico

if i do have valid visa . my visa going to expire june2006, but i'm planing to go visa may'2006,if any thing happened wrong , shall i come back to USA.

Please if any one know,pls post news thanks

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X