Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B extension pending - Need to file a H4 visa

Hi folks,

My H1B visa is going to expire this September. We are expecting a baby in July and currently my wife is India. We need to file a H4 visa for the new born. My extension is not yet filed by my company and the process just got initiated. So, can I file H4 visa for the new born with my existing H1B documents or will I need to submit any proof that my extension has been filed, to get the H4 visa issued ?

Thanks,
    Prakash.

Originally posted by prakash.konakanchi View Post
    Hi folks,

My H1B visa is going to expire this September. We are expecting a baby in July and currently my wife is India. We need to file a H4 visa for the new born. My extension is not yet filed by my company and the process just got initiated. So, can I file H4 visa for the new born with my existing H1B documents or will I need to submit any proof that my extension has been filed, to get the H4 visa issued ?

Thanks,
    Prakash.
    If you apply for the H4 before your extension is approved, they are going to get the visa only until September. I would advise to get your extension approved first so that they get the H4 for a longer period based on the extended H1B petition. You may file your extension as premium processing.
    This is just my opinion, not a legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by SKDS160 View Post
      If you apply for the H4 before your extension is approved, they are going to get the visa only until September. I would advise to get your extension approved first so that they get the H4 for a longer period based on the extended H1B petition. You may file your extension as premium processing.
      Got it. Thank you!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X