OPT to H1b Consular processing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OPT to H1b Consular processing

I am in F1-OPT status from May 2015, which expire on July 2016.
    I Filed my H1 in Consular Processing on April 2016 in regular (not premium), which was picked in lottery and its in-process ,got receipt.
    As opt expires on July 2016, I approached my college for stem extension before 45 days but my college informed me
    that i had CAP GAP till Sept 30 and not eligible to apply for stem extension until opt expires(July 2016).

I do have couple of questions running on my head

Question 1: I applied H1B in consular processing, Why my cap-gap is initiated,even though I still had the valid opt? (Is it a mistake **** )
    Question 2: Can request for the change of status instead of consular processing now?
    Question 3: Can i apply opt-ext on CAP GAP with parallel of H1-Consular Process?
    Question 4: do i need to go immediately for stamping after the change of status approved in H1-Consular Process ?
    Question 5: If H1b consular processing approved, i am not able to apply for opt extension in cap gap ...so what will be the situation ?
    Question 6: If H1b consular processing not approved, Will my cap-gap removed ? if not can i apply for opt extension ?
    Question 7: if i withdraw the petition ,will my sevis removed with capgap and able to apply for opt extention ?

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X