Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1b queries - Please help!!!

Hi,
    I was in USA from Feb 2013 to January 2016 on L1b visa and return india after L1 extension denied. My company filed H1b in April 2016 and my application has been picked in lottery in May 2016. I have couple of questions.
    1. My L1b extension denied will not create any problem. right?
    2. Assuming my H1b approved, If i travel to USA after January 2017, will i get the full term of 6 years on H1b or my previous 3 years of L1b will be counted irrespective of travel date?
    3. Also i checked my travel history on US customs and border protection site and i see they have my arrival date only updated, no Exit date? any idea why and how i can get it updated? will it create any problem?

I would appreciate your response on my queries.

Many Thanks,
    Suresh

Originally posted by suresh5184 View Post
    Hi,
    I was in USA from Feb 2013 to January 2016 on L1b visa and return india after L1 extension denied. My company filed H1b in April 2016 and my application has been picked in lottery in May 2016. I have couple of questions.
    1. My L1b extension denied will not create any problem. right?
    2. Assuming my H1b approved, If i travel to USA after January 2017, will i get the full term of 6 years on H1b or my previous 3 years of L1b will be counted irrespective of travel date?
    3. Also i checked my travel history on US customs and border protection site and i see they have my arrival date only updated, no Exit date? any idea why and how i can get it updated? will it create any problem?

I would appreciate your response on my queries.

Many Thanks,
    Suresh
    1. It should not.
    2. You will only get 6 Minus time already spent , as H1 was applied before completing 1 Year stay outside US.
    3. Do you have a physical copy of I-94?

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
      1. It should not.
      2. You will only get 6 Minus time already spent , as H1 was applied before completing 1 Year stay outside US.
      3. Do you have a physical copy of I-94?

This is my opinion not legal advice.
      Thanks Raghvi for your response.

Regarding I-94, no i dont have my I-94 as i might be taken by airlines staff but i see my wife and daughter i94 are still i have.

please let me know what should i need to do to get it updated?

Many Thanks,
      Suresh

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X