Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• which one better and why?????????

Hi
    I have MD degree and applying for residency programs(post graduate training). I currently hold H4 visa valid until May 2007. Meanwhile, I am planning to visit home country.

My questions or concerns are:

Is it better to apply H1B before leaving to home country or is it better to apply H1B after I come back from home country?

I have to start my residency on July 1st, 2006. I heard, if I apply before I go for visit to home country and if I get H1B application approved, there may be chances for H1B visa rejection if I appear for visa stamping at home country. Is that true?

If I visit home country in april when is the good time to come back in order to file and get H1B approval before July 1st?.

If I apply for H1B visa before leaving to home country. And if my H1B application is approved while I am in home country, is it possible to have a later start date on I-797 form, so that I can still enter US with current H4 visa in my passport? Will there be any problems at port of entry as my H1B is already approved but I decide to enter US on H4 visa?

Does the immigration officer at the Port of Entry have any database for H1B approvals?.

Please advise. Thank in advance for all yourhelp.

Originally posted by GC_MANIA
    Hi
    I have MD degree and applying for residency programs(post graduate training). I currently hold H4 visa valid until May 2007. Meanwhile, I am planning to visit home country.

My questions or concerns are:

Is it better to apply H1B before leaving to home country or is it better to apply H1B after I come back from home country?

I have to start my residency on July 1st, 2006. I heard, if I apply before I go for visit to home country and if I get H1B application approved, there may be chances for H1B visa rejection if I appear for visa stamping at home country. Is that true?

If I visit home country in april when is the good time to come back in order to file and get H1B approval before July 1st?.

If I apply for H1B visa before leaving to home country. And if my H1B application is approved while I am in home country, is it possible to have a later start date on I-797 form, so that I can still enter US with current H4 visa in my passport? Will there be any problems at port of entry as my H1B is already approved but I decide to enter US on H4 visa?

Does the immigration officer at the Port of Entry have any database for H1B approvals?.

Please advise. Thank in advance for all yourhelp.

Hi,

According to me its better to apply H1B being is US after get approval u can travel to india in the month of sep'ber and attend for interview on H1B later to US with H1B status..coz once ur H1B is approved the data will transfer to immigration officer..If u need more details contact me

[email protected]
    Srinni

Comment

Better to apply after u be back in US

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X