Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Self booking of appoitment for H4 Visa

Hi All,

I need you guys' help in my current situation. My fiance is on H1B, currently working in US. We are getting married in September. Since there are almost 3 months of waiting period in getting the consulate appointment, we have filled the DS-160, paid the fees and trying to book dates in September ( slots are not yet opened).

But when we checked with my fiance's employer, they are saying we should not do self booking , should have to follow the process of initiating the H4 visa in their system after the marriage certificate is approved.

Can we go ahead and book the appointment and go for visa interview ?

I would like you guys opinion and suggestions.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Originally posted by abhirami37 View Post
    But when we checked with my fiance's employer, they are saying we should not do self booking , should have to follow the process of initiating the H4 visa in their system after the marriage certificate is approved.

Can we go ahead and book the appointment and go for visa interview ?
    Why would you want to go behind the employer's back?

Comment

Originally posted by daggit View Post
      Why would you want to go behind the employer's back?
      We want to get the appointment in September and employer will only start the process in September after marriage, so will get the appointment only in December since there is almost 3 months of waiting period.

Comment

Originally posted by abhirami37 View Post
        We want to get the appointment in September and employer will only start the process in September after marriage, so will get the appointment only in December since there is almost 3 months of waiting period.
        Don't see any issue in you going ahead and scheduling the visa appointment, the employer may not bear the cost if you do it own your own though.

This is my opinion not legal advice

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X