Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can H4 goes for VISA stamping with expired petition while the extension is in progres

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can H4 goes for VISA stamping with expired petition while the extension is in progres

Hi,
    I have a situation here and need some help on how to proceed

My Petition/VISA/I94 (all have same expiry dates) is going to expire on Aug 1st 2016.
    I am applying for VISA EXTENSION through premium processing. I am planning bring my spouse to US.

The problem here is getting the VISA Interview appointment in India(Hyderabd, right now the available slot is available in Sep second week)

Can she go for stamping with old petition which is expired as my Ext is in premium processing (by teh time she goes for stamping i am expecting to get the extension approved) ?..

What is the best way so that i can bring my spouse to US at the earliest ?..
    Last edited by mbk2016; 06-07-2016, 11:04 AM.

Originally posted by mbk2016 View Post
    Hi,
    I have a situation here and need some help on how to proceed

My Petition/VISA/I94 (all have same expiry dates) is going to expire on Aug 1st 2016.
    I am applying for VISA EXTENSION through premium processing. I am planning bring my spouse to US.

The problem here is getting the VISA Interview appointment in India(Hyderabd, right now the available slot is available in Sep second week)

Can she go for stamping with old petition which is expired as my Ext is in premium processing (by teh time she goes for stamping i am expecting to get the extension approved) ?..

What is the best way so that i can bring my spouse to US at the earliest ?..
    I would not recommend going to visa interview with old petition. I would suggest booking slot with old petition, getting new petition approve din premium, and then editing the DS-160 to reflect the new petition number.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X