H4 extention from multiple employers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 extention from multiple employers

My and wife current status expires in Aug 2016. My current company A filled H1/H4 extension.Meantime I have got offer from company B and started processing of H1 transfer and H4 extension. Is it illegal to process to H4 extensions from 2 employers simultaneously. How the H4 status shall be considered in case both are approved.

Originally posted by rajender31 View Post
    My and wife current status expires in Aug 2016. My current company A filled H1/H4 extension.Meantime I have got offer from company B and started processing of H1 transfer and H4 extension. Is it illegal to process to H4 extensions from 2 employers simultaneously. How the H4 status shall be considered in case both are approved.
    H4 status is not tied to the employer, it's tied to H1 maintaining valid status. So as long as your H1 is approved, I don't see any issue in this situation.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Let me elaborate my question.

My current employer A filed I-539 to extended H4 status of my wife along with my H1-extension.

Now new employer B asking me fill for I-539 to extended H4 status of my wife.

Is it really required to fill I-539 again with H1 transfer to new employer.

How does H4 linked to H1 petiton. Is there any link to understand more.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X