Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B to B2 as we may not have receive the Travel Papers for our New Born

Hello Experts,

I'm on an H1B Visa with my I-94 valid till Dec 2016.My Current Employer would mostly terminate my employment by the last week of July if they don't find any projects for me/or If I don't clear the interviews.

My wife is due on July 6th and I'm not sure if we would be able to travel back to India with approximately 1 month old baby in case my employer terminates my employment by July End.I'm also not sure if I would have got all the necessary travel documents for the baby even if the doctor approves the travel.

What are my options here?

Can I covert my H1B to B2 ? (I'm not looking to convert it back to H1B).
    What are the chances for its approval ?
    How long will it take for approval?
    Can I leave the US in between before the approval after the baby is fit for travel ?

Thanks,
    Ramesh

Originally posted by rammp1992 View Post
    Hello Experts,

I'm on an H1B Visa with my I-94 valid till Dec 2016.My Current Employer would mostly terminate my employment by the last week of July if they don't find any projects for me/or If I don't clear the interviews.

My wife is due on July 6th and I'm not sure if we would be able to travel back to India with approximately 1 month old baby in case my employer terminates my employment by July End.I'm also not sure if I would have got all the necessary travel documents for the baby even if the doctor approves the travel.

What are my options here?

Can I covert my H1B to B2 ? (I'm not looking to convert it back to H1B).
    What are the chances for its approval ?
    How long will it take for approval?
    Can I leave the US in between before the approval after the baby is fit for travel ?

Thanks,
    Ramesh
    You can try.
    Low chances.
    It can take upto 6 Months.
    Yes you can but the intermediate period would be treated as out of status period if you travel before approval.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Alternatively, travel to India prior to the birth.. safe as it is still a month away.. and have the baby in India to avoid an overstay.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X