No announcement yet.

H1b status while pending H1b transfer.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1b status while pending H1b transfer.

Hi All,

I was working for an employer(A) in H1b visa and was laid-off in December 2015. I found a new Employer(B) (consultant) who said will help me find a job and did H1B transfer in January without premium processing. The following are my queries I have regarding my situation:

1. Since my h1b transfer from Employer(B) is pending, am I in legal H1b status? As there was a gap in my payroll for 1 months and half before the petition by Employer B was filled.

2. Employer B started my payroll after a month the petition was filled, will this cause any more problem to h1b status or is it fine to be not in payroll during the H1B transfer.

3. Now, I have got a full time offer from another Employer(C) and I want to work for them. Can I move forward to work with Employer(C) and do a H1b Transfer while h1b petition from B is pending, if yes please let me know the possibilities of h1b transfer to go through, down side of it and also documents required.

I would appreciate you for your comments to help me understand my situation.

Thanks in advance.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X