Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Total duration of H1B visa not travelled after stamping

Hi All,

I have a query regarding how much time you get to work in USA if you delay in travel after stamping ?

I got stamped in December 2015 but i have not yet flew to USA and still in INDIA. I would plan to travel in December. So because of this delay will i not get full 6 years(including extension) in USA ? Or is it just 5 years i will have in USA ?

any suggestions and help would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Originally posted by sanjeet9211 View Post
    Hi All,

I have a query regarding how much time you get to work in USA if you delay in travel after stamping ?

I got stamped in December 2015 but i have not yet flew to USA and still in INDIA. I would plan to travel in December. So because of this delay will i not get full 6 years(including extension) in USA ? Or is it just 5 years i will have in USA ?

any suggestions and help would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
    You will get as long as the employer has the ability to show work for you. Generally one gets it for three years, if long term client/contract shown . Then there is option to extend. Max total being 6 years. Beyond that the GC should be timely initiated.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
      You will get as long as the employer has the ability to show work for you. Generally one gets it for three years, if long term client/contract shown . Then there is option to extend. Max total being 6 years. Beyond that the GC should be timely initiated.

This is my opinion not legal advice.
      Thanks for reply and surely helped me to understand it. Also found another link on Quora which explains same query.

Answer (1 of 2): Your 6 years clock starts on the day when you enter into US on H1. validity of issued visa starts from Oct1 of the year issued. Both are different things and shouldn't be confused.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X