Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I schedule an appointment in a consulate different than the listed in form i-797?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I schedule an appointment in a consulate different than the listed in form i-797?

Hi,

My employer filed an H-1B application which was already selected and approved, so now I need to schedule an interview appointment.
    My form i-797 lists Auckland (my hometown in New Zealand) as the consulate, but I'm currently living in Canada and was planning on scheduling the interview appointment for a consulate nearby. Is that possible? Or do I need to travel to Auckland for the interview since that's the one listed in the form?
    Has anyone had an interview in a consulate different than the one listed in the form?

Thanks,
    Link

Originally posted by link View Post
    Hi,

My employer filed an H-1B application which was already selected and approved, so now I need to schedule an interview appointment.
    My form i-797 lists Auckland (my hometown in New Zealand) as the consulate, but I'm currently living in Canada and was planning on scheduling the interview appointment for a consulate nearby. Is that possible? Or do I need to travel to Auckland for the interview since that's the one listed in the form?
    Has anyone had an interview in a consulate different than the one listed in the form?

Thanks,
    Link
    Is this your first H1? How long have you been in Canada?

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
      Is this your first H1? How long have you been in Canada?
      Yes this is my first H1. I've been in Canada for 6 months under a work permit -- does that matter?

Comment

Originally posted by link View Post
        Yes this is my first H1. I've been in Canada for 6 months under a work permit -- does that matter?
        First time H1 is generally preferred to be in home country. In rare cases where the applicant has done bulk of his/her education or has extensive work experience in the third countrythey, may be allowed . As you have neither, it's advisable to go to home country for your H1 stamping.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X