Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tricky question on H-1B extension after Advance Parole entry to USA

Hi,
    Thanks in advance for looking into my question !
    My current H-1B I-94 expiring on 9/15/2016 and I would make a quick trip to India right before filing my H-1B extension and will return to USA using my Advance Parole card around 8/25/2016 to continue employment with same employer who sponsored GC & H-1B.

Upon my return, at port of entry, would immigration officer issue an electronic I-94 with class of admission as "Advance Parolee" related code ?
    If yes, then subsequently while filling in the H-1B extension (around 9/7/2016) , which I-94 information to use to fill in I-129 form ?
    1) The earlier I-94 stub associated with the H-1B that would probably be handed over at the airport during my exit รข�� and may no longer be valid upon reentry ?
    2) The new I-94 that would be issued upon reentry to USA as "Advance Parolee" ? with its expiry date matching AP card date or flat 1-year from day of reentry, I-94 number etc ?

What do we write in field "Current Nonimmigrant Status" and "Date Status Expires or D/S" in I-129 form while filing the H-1B extension immediately after my reentry to USA as Advance Parolee ?

[ I understand that the subsequent H-1B extension approval after my entry as Parolee will bring me back to H-1B status from "Advance Parolee" status; hence my plan for quick trip to India]

Any tips, or help would be highly appreciated.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X