Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Travel to India while H1B selected in lottery and waiting for approval

hi all
    I am in my H4 now ,and I applied for H1B for this April lottery and was lucky enough to be picked in the lottery.Now the case is I might need to travel to India due to unavoidable reasons.In that case I am confused with the following scenario's:

1.Before Oct 1st can I travel to India and come back on H4 when my H1B is still processing ?Will my stamping have any issues?

2.After getting my H1B approved by Oct , can I travel to India by Dec before joining my employer and come back in Jan to join work , what will happen if I go for stamping in India at this case or what happen to the approved H1B?

3. what happens if I leave US before October and could not come on time. what will happen to my H1b approval? and stamping?Is it required for me to be in US when approval happens?

Please guide me!!

Originally posted by vini91 View Post
    hi all
    I am in my H4 now ,and I applied for H1B for this April lottery and was lucky enough to be picked in the lottery.Now the case is I might need to travel to India due to unavoidable reasons.In that case I am confused with the following scenario's:

1.Before Oct 1st can I travel to India and come back on H4 when my H1B is still processing ?Will my stamping have any issues?

2.After getting my H1B approved by Oct , can I travel to India by Dec before joining my employer and come back in Jan to join work , what will happen if I go for stamping in India at this case or what happen to the approved H1B?

3. what happens if I leave US before October and could not come on time. what will happen to my H1b approval? and stamping?Is it required for me to be in US when approval happens?

Please guide me!!
    Was H1 applied as CoS? In normal processing or premium ? When are you planning to travel?

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
      Was H1 applied as CoS? In normal processing or premium ? When are you planning to travel?
      Hi
      Applied as COS via normal processing.
      I would want to travel by Dec mostly as of now.
      worst cases are the three that i mentioned in the question.

thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
        "Applied as COS via normal processing. And mostly I would want to travel between Dec-Jan.Worst cases are the three scenarios that I mentioned in my question posted"

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X