Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F-1 OPT to H-4 CHange of Status - I-539 Query

Hello,

I am currently in the 60 day grace period after my F-1 OPT expiration and applying for change of status to H-4.
    I have some doubts regarding the form I-539.
    Q1. In Part 1 question 12.b Expiration Date- Should this be the date of expiration of F-1 OPT or the date which is 60 days from the OPT expiration?
    Q2. In Part 2, Question 2.a New Statatus and Effective date of change- Again should this be the date of expiration of F-1 OPT or the date which is 60 days from the OPT expiration?
    Q3. In Part 3 Question 1.a Requested Status extended until - should this be the date until when my spouses H-1 b is valid?
    Q4. In Part 3 Question 1.b Check the box if you were granted or seeking Duration of Status (D/S) - Should this box be checked since I was granted D/S on my F-1?
    Q5.In Part 3 Question 2.a Is this application based on an extension or change of status already granted? - Should this should be answered 'NO' My husband has only H-1 b transfers no extensions.
    Q6. In Part 3 Question 3.a Is this application based on a separate petition or application to give your spouse, child or parent an extension or change of status? Should this answer be 'NO'

Thank you!

Hi,
    I have the same questions. Could you please advise what you answered for your application ?

Comment

Hello,
      I have the same questions. Could you please advise what you answered as part of your application ?

Originally posted by MSandana View Post
      Hello,

I am currently in the 60 day grace period after my F-1 OPT expiration and applying for change of status to H-4.
      I have some doubts regarding the form I-539.
      Q1. In Part 1 question 12.b Expiration Date- Should this be the date of expiration of F-1 OPT or the date which is 60 days from the OPT expiration?
      Q2. In Part 2, Question 2.a New Statatus and Effective date of change- Again should this be the date of expiration of F-1 OPT or the date which is 60 days from the OPT expiration?
      Q3. In Part 3 Question 1.a Requested Status extended until - should this be the date until when my spouses H-1 b is valid?
      Q4. In Part 3 Question 1.b Check the box if you were granted or seeking Duration of Status (D/S) - Should this box be checked since I was granted D/S on my F-1?
      Q5.In Part 3 Question 2.a Is this application based on an extension or change of status already granted? - Should this should be answered 'NO' My husband has only H-1 b transfers no extensions.
      Q6. In Part 3 Question 3.a Is this application based on a separate petition or application to give your spouse, child or parent an extension or change of status? Should this answer be 'NO'

Thank you!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X